In this lesson, we’ll use much of what we’ve learned and some of what is still to come to build a project that I call a splash page.
This project will act as a profile or digital business card that features links to your identity online. Once you launch the page, resize the screen to see how it behave responsively (it even looks good on a mobile device).
Check out a sample page here:
- index.html: https://codepen.io/mmacfadden/pen/qJpQbY.html
- main.css: https://codepen.io/mmacfadden/pen/qJpQbY.css
- CSS Reset: http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/css/reset/
- Web fonts: https://www.google.com/fonts
- Icons: http://fontawesome.com
Right click the images below and “Save images as…” then upload them to your img folder.
Once you’ve completed the project above. Customize and personalize your splash page by completing the following:
- Add a new Background image
- Insert your First Name and Last Initial (don’t forget the title tag)
- Personalize the bio
- Personalize font icons and links
- Choose new background colors