In this mini-unit, you’ll explore the career opportunities that exist in the gaming industry in the greater Chicagoland area.
Create an informational slide deck that addresses each of the requirements below:
- Describe the landscape of the video game design/development industry in the city of your choice
- This should be a broad overview describing the types of studios that reside here
- Introduce any “big name” games and/or studios that are in that city
- Research a smaller game design studio in your city
- How big are they?
- What are they best known for?
- What career opportunities exist here?
- Find a current job vacancy in the Video Game sector in your city
- Describe the job responsibilities
- What is the salary?
- What added benefits or other interesting information can you find about this opportunity?
Use the links below as a starting point to learn about Game Design job vacancies in Chicago and conduct valid searches for other cities as needed:
- Industry Resources:
- Game Jobs:
Slide Deck Requirements
Your report can come in a variety of shapes and sizes (Prezi, Google Slides, PowToon, Canva, etc.), but should follow these guidelines:
- Summarize your research, do NOT write block paragraphs.
- Use bullet points or short sentences to express your findings.
- Cite all of your source of information. The web site address is sufficient for your citation, do not worry about MLA formatting.
- Include at least 5 visuals in your report (pictures, graphs, charts) to provide visual interest and support to your information.
Consult the rubric here for grading requirements: