In a similar manner that we designed magazine covers, we’re going to make the (fake) movie posters of our dreams.
Fake Movie Posters?
That’s right, we’re going to use our Photoshop skills to produce movie posters that we only wish existed. Imagine your two favorite stars in the same movie, set in your favorite location, featuring a plotline that has been stirring in your imagination.
Now you can make it so as I have done in the example below:
You will have one and a half classes to work on this project, so take your time and aim to create what appears to be a real movie poster.
- height: 17 inches
- width: 11 inches
- Resolution: 300 pixels/inch
- Include a background image (that establishes location)
- Use layer masks to isolate your layers
- Include at least three text layers (one must feature the title of the movie).
- Use layer styles to enhance the project
- Submit both your finished project as a .PSD and .PNG via Google Classroom
Download each of the files below to be used in a “stitched background.”